To apply for the Super Visa you must either be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
The single or multiple-entry Super Visa allows visitors to stay for a period of up to two years.
To apply for the parent and grandparent super visa, you must:
- be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada,
- be allowed to enter Canada and
- meet certain other conditions.
Note: You cannot include dependants in this application. Only your spouse or common-law partner can come with you under this visa.
Visa officers consider several things before they decide if you can come to Canada. You must be a real visitor to Canada who will leave by choice at the end of your visit. A visa officer will look at these things when you apply:
- your ties to your home country,
- the purpose of your visit,
- your family and finances,
- the overall economic and political stability of your home country, and
- an invitation from a Canadian host.
You must also provide:
- evidence of the parent or grandparent relationship to the Canadian citizen or permanent resident you wish to visit (e.g. birth certificate, baptismal certificate or other official documents naming you as parent),
- a letter of invitation from your child or grandchild which includes arrangements for care and support,
- proof from your child or grandchild that he meets the Low Income Cut-Off (LICO)
- proof that you have private medical insurance valid for a minimum of one year from a Canadian insurance company and that:
– covers health care, hospitalization and repatriation,
– provides a minimum coverage of $100 000, and
– is valid for each entry to Canada and be available for review by a port of entry officer.
Low Income Cut-Off (LICO)
Size of Family Unit Minimum necessary income
1 person (your child or grandchild) $23,861
2 persons $29,706
3 persons $36,520
4 persons $44,340
5 persons $50,290
6 persons $56,718
7 persons $63,147
More than 7 persons, for each additional person, add $6,429
Interested in submitting an application under this category? Please click here for free consultation.